Friday, November 6, 2009

Missed Connections 9 (Halloween Edition)

The Tranny Times believes in love. Whether it takes you to a Wainscot colonial with a white picket fence or to White Castle after the lights come up at The Mothership, we support men meeting men! As a public service, The Tranny Times trolls Craigslist Missed Connections looking for ads from the love lorn. Each week we collect the best.

Bah-Humbug
Hey there, you were wearing a grey baseball cap and sucking a lollipop at metropolitan on halloween. you weren't wearing a costume, said you were "over" halloween. didn't get a chance to chat you up. if you see this, get in touch and let's get a drink.
As the loudmouth lady on my block says, "People who don't like Halloween don't like people." : pers-ncdne-1448213671@craigslist.org

So is this an episode of "My So-Called Life", right?
Late last night, my lady companion and I decided to take a Queens bound G Train home after a night of moderate Halloween debauchery. She was dressed as Angela from My So Called Life - and I as a 19th Century Golfer - or "Fancy Lad" if you will. We sat down directly across from you and a large group of your friends. I assume your costume - somewhat phoned in on - was that of a zombie. You had white face paint around your eyes, shorts, and a black sweatshirt on. We made eyes a couple times, and when you got off at your stop - you ducked into the window and made an "I - HEART - YOU" gesture and pointed into my general direction. I turned to my friend (who you may recall from earlier in this post -was dressed like Angela from My So Called Life) and said "Did you see that!?" She said "YES!" And I said "That cute boy totally wanted this!" To which she responded "No! He wanted ME! He and I were making eyes the entire trip." To which I responded "No! He was making eyes with ME!" So Zombie, help us settle the bet. Which was it. Mary or Larry?
Email Ricky Vasquez, he's with Rayanne at Let's Bolt waiting on Tino who has the Chinese food : pers-fxew2-1447187651@craigslist.org

Paging Deigo Rivera . . .
I (very) briefly met you because my friend used the restroom at your party. We have the same name and talked about it a little bit but I was far too intoxicated so I left pretty shortly after that. I think you're the cutest thing I've ever seen and would love to get a drink with you. Believe it or not, I look a bit different when I'm not dressed up as Frida Kahlo.
Oddly enough, later that night he died from an illness related to decades-old injuries from a bus accident : pers-qurcd-1446548348@craigslist.org

One is a flamboyantly-dressed musician the other a flamboyantly-dressed Jazzerciser.
You: Freddy Mercury, Me: Richard Simmons, My friend: Peggy Bundy.
I liked the mustache. You liked the chest hair.
We got off at Myrtle and you kept on going....
Will we meet again?
It all ends in AIDS : pers-d5b54-1446413430@craigslist.org

GUMBO is BEST for missed connections.
You were tall, with wavy, longish hair, leaning on the back of a banquette by the door. We exchanged a few looks while I was leaving with my friend--I stopped to put down my bag and put on my coat, sometime just after ten. Does this sound familiar? I hope this sounds familiar--if it does, drop me a line.
Go get him, lavy locks : pers-tkysg-1453620539@craigslist.org

1 comment:

  1. Dame V-- this seriously had me on the floor.
    you killed it

    ReplyDelete