Friday, March 26, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Friday, March 12, 2010
In case you missed the premier of Lady Gaga's "Telephone" featuring Beyonce. Better work some outfits!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
The Younger Man [th ee yuhng-ger mhan] noun. The male who is markedly younger than his mate: from seven years to infinity. In this sort of relationship, The Younger Man simultaneously holds all the cards and none at all. The Younger Man is youthful, enthusiastic and open-minded to his lover who is (often) more successful, mature, connected and interesting.
Pros of being The Younger Man:
- Top-notch dinners that come to a close with someone else picking up the check.
- Invitations to parties without a keg or BYOB policy.
- Easy entré into otherwise closed circles of influential individuals.
- In-depth conversations on the meaning of life at a well-appointed vacation home.
- Sex with a pro who's spent decades working on his body.
- Being patronized by mate's friends with less appreciation for, or intense jealousy of, youth.
- Adding to or shaving off a few years for everyone's parents' sake.
- Being mistaken for the cater-waiter, or worse, the son.
- Often coming in second. (see The Careerist)
- The persistent dread that one day soon his ass is going to drop like a fallen soufflé.
The Verdict on The Younger Man:
Helen Gurley Brown, '60s icon, author of ground breaking Sex and the Single Girl, former editor of Cosmopolitan and a Younger Woman herself once said, "Always marry someone older because no matter how old you get, you'll always be the babe." Wise words from a woman who's always had her priorities in order.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Monday, March 8, 2010
Uh no. Pray for the poor guy caught in your Chevy Tahoe that night! His friends will never let him live that down. Pray for the gay and lesbian couples and families robbed of their rights for fourteen years. Pray for the individuals who live more honestly than you, people whose lives you, as a public servant, made more difficult. For projecting your self-hatred onto others you receive no prayers, or sympathy. But if we are passing Faces in Sacramento California at happy hour and see your Tahoe parked out front, we'll come in to let you by us margaritas. Asshole.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Now that the NYCB season has come to a close, the Koch (State) Theater revs up for the NYC Opera spring season. Chabrier's L'étoile (opera buffe) will smartly open the '10 season with a party for the boys!
UWS opera queens meets WV GPCs for a fabulous evening of drinks, hors d'oeuvres, stunning visuals and late 19th century musical flare.
Juilliard-trained opera singer and drag performer Shequida will serve as Mistress of Ceremonies, a guaranteed good time as she shows off her five-octave range with opera selections and pop hits.
Tickets are going fast kiddies! Look forward to seeing you in the first tier boxes.